Many men have problems with potency in their 40s, but in most cases everything is easy to correct. To deal with this problem quickly, you need to consult a urologist-andrologist. Taking potency pills on your own is not the best way out, because you can make the wrong choice and make the problem worse. From this article on our website you will learn what to do if you have problems with potency.
What should be the strength of a man at the age of 40
At this age a healthy man can retain full sexuality. But all men lead a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, by the age of 40, some of them maintain normal sexuality and even try to reminisce about their youth with young partners. The other part has reduced sexual activity due to new diseases and unhealthy lifestyle.
The concept of the norm for each man is individual, but on average a healthy man at the age of 40 needs 2-3 sexual contacts per week. Recent research has found that more than 80% of potency disorders are associated with various diseases. Many of them are hidden, but are reflected in the sex life. Such diseases are increasingly detected during examinations by a sexologist or urologist-andrologist due to poor potency.
At the age of 40, the physiological processes of aging are just beginning to manifest, and a healthy person practically does not feel them, his interest in sex may even be increased. The content of the male sex hormone testosterone in the blood is slightly reduced, so the man "does not start with half a turn", he needs time and more significant stimulation.
Morning and night spontaneous erections occur much less often, erections develop more slowly, but are quite full and sufficient for sexual intercourse. The experience compensates for and smooths out minor physiological changes and in no way affects the relationship with the partner.
Reasons for worsening potency after 40 years
All potency problems at the age of 40 are caused by psychogenic causes or organic diseases. At the same time, the share of psychogenic factors (frequent or long-term stress, neurosis, depression) is at most 20%, while obvious or latent organic diseases are the cause of poor potency in the remaining 80% of cases. If a man does not have a partner who understands, then organic causes combine with psychogenic ones and make them significantly worse.
The main "culprits" for impotence are diseases associated with violations of the cardiovascular system.
This is atherosclerosis and associated ischemic heart disease with attacks of angina pectoris and atherosclerosis of the arteries of the lower extremities, arterial hypertension (constant high blood pressure - BP). Violation of blood circulation leads to the fact that with sexual arousal, blood cannot flow quickly into the arteries of the small pelvis and the arteries of the penis, resulting in problems with the development of erections. To restore it, you must maintain the circulatory system in a normal state.
Less commonly, potency problems occur in type 2 diabetes mellitus (non-insulin dependent). With this disease there is a change in the walls of small arteries, violation of their patency and innervation, which leads to erectile dysfunction. In addition, in diabetes mellitus, the sex drive (libido) is often reduced in men due to a decrease in testosterone secretion.
Research conducted in recent years has shown that the appearance of poor potency is also caused by some drugs used in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. Blood pressure lowering drugs generally have a negative effect on potency. They can be easily replaced with other medications that do not have these side effects. Thus, drugs from the group of angiotensin II receptor antagonists (losartan) do not cause erectile dysfunction, and even support it. Taking antidepressants and sedatives (anti-anxiety drugs) also negatively affects potency.
By age 40, some men have long had bad habits such as smoking and alcohol abuse. Both of these habits affect the vessels (cause permanent narrowing) and the neurohormonal system, which contributes to a decrease in testosterone secretion.
Not all men in their 40s lead a healthy lifestyle and eat properly, choosing healthy foods. A sedentary lifestyle combined with high-calorie foods, junk food and systematic beer consumption lead to obesity, aggravated cardiovascular problems and potency.
By the age of 40, many men have past genital infections, which are not always completely cured, remain asymptomatic for years, and affect the condition of the genitals. A sedentary (office) lifestyle, combined with such a dormant infection, is often the cause of chronic prostate inflammation (prostatitis), urinary disorders and impotence.
What are the main symptoms of impotence in 40 years
All characters are divided into:
- Sexual impairment (libido)is a sign of testosterone deficiency. It should not normally be present in a 40-year-old man, but it may be due to hereditary characteristics or disease. A man becomes indifferent to women. In this case, you need to consult a doctor, find out the cause and get treated (everything can be recovered).
- Erectile dysfunction (erectile dysfunction), which manifests as the following initial symptoms: the penis is not bulky and hard enough; incomplete penile elevation angle; sexual intercourse has a shorter duration than before; it is not always possible to achieve detente; premature ejaculation occurs; the number of spontaneous erections decreases; poor potency leads to dissatisfaction with sex life; the man needs medical help.
- Violation of libido and erection in men at the same time. Most often, such disorders develop in diabetes mellitus, obesity and long-term alcohol abuse. There are signs of complete impotence. But in this case, the man can be helped, you just need to see a doctor.
Degree of potency disorder at 40
Potency disorders occur at any age. At 40, there are slightly more of them than in their youth. By severity they are divided into:
- lungs- the first manifestations are insignificant, most men simply do not notice them, failures are rare;
- moderate- violations are already noticeable and cause concern; poor potency and frequent failures cause psychological problems; but at this stage no more than a quarter of the men seek medical help without being considered ill;
- severe- failures follow and lead to complete impotence; you can help such men if they go to the doctor and follow all his recommendations.
How to increase potency in a man after 40 years
Potential enhancement in men after the age of 40 should be performed under the supervision of a physician. It all starts with a complete interrogation of the man, even if he does not complain, except for complaints about the violation of his sexual life. If necessary, a sexologist or urologist sends him for consultations and treatment to doctors of another profile (therapist, cardiologist, endocrinologist). At the same time, the correction of potency disorders is performed.
Depending on the identified disorders and concomitant diseases, medications are prescribed, additional methods - physiotherapy, massage, therapeutic gymnastics, etc. In recent years, reflexology in combination with psychotherapy has become widespread.
What drugs are prescribed in case of potency violation after 40 years
A sexologist or urologist-andrologist will tell you how to increase potency in men after the age of 40. Medicine has a sufficient arsenal of means to restore potency. But only a doctor can choose the right medicine. Drugs to increase potency in men after the age of 40:
- Drugs that contain testosterone and increase libido - are prescribed for libido disorders in the background of decreased testosterone secretion. This leads to an increase in sex drive.
- Drugs from the group of phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors (IFDE-5). They are considered to be the most effective treatments for erectile dysfunction. The mechanism of their action is associated with the suppression of the action of enzymes that prevent the formation of biologically active substances involved in complex biochemical processes that ensure the immediate expansion of small arteries of the genital organs and blood flow to the penis with the development of erections. But all drugs in this group work only with existing sexual arousal. In the absence of libido, they are ineffective.
- Other groups of drugs used to treat potency disorders in men: alpha-blockers; increasing the production of nitric oxide, necessary for vasodilation; relaxing arterial walls synthetic prostaglandin E analogues; help improve the functioning of the vascular system; herbal remedies, homeopathic remedies, dietary supplements (dietary supplements) that increase potency.
Additional treatments for potency disorders
Complex treatment may include additional drug-free methods:
- physiotherapy - individual choice of techniques depends on the patient's condition;
- massage - general and segmental massage perfectly restores blood circulation, metabolism, full of energy;
- physiotherapy exercises (LFK) - special complexes will help restore sexual function, and feasible sports will strengthen health and sexuality;
- reflexology - the impact on reflex points on the human body can improve health in general, including sexual function;
- psychotherapy - frequent failures in bed exacerbate potency problems; after a course of psychotherapy, a person gains the confidence to be able to cope with any situation.
How to improve potency after 40 years without a doctor
In case of minor one-time failures or if a man just wants to increase his abilities, you can use folk remedies, herbal remedies, dietary supplements (dietary supplements).
But, given the fact that in most cases the cause of potency disorders is some general disease, it is better to consult a doctor.
Of course, herbal decoctions and tinctures are far from such modern remedies, but they can be used to maintain potency with their milder disorders. By the age of forty, with a violation of potency, a man can use many folk remedies. But at the same time, it’s important to know how they work and whether a particular medication will help with your problems.
TOP-3 folk remedies
- Fresh aloe tree leaves.It has long been used as a stimulant, restorative remedy for impotence. Today, it has been found that this plant is capable of accumulating zinc, which is necessary for the male body to maintain sexual function. Tear off the aloe leaf, wash it, keep it in a dark place for one day, and then take 3 cm of the leaf every day half an hour before meals. The course of treatment is one month. Restores libido, maintains an erection. Aloe is especially useful for prostate problems because it suppresses inflammation and the growth of benign tumors.
- Nettle seeds cooked in wine.Take 100 g of fresh or dried nettle seeds, pour 500 ml of dry wine, keep on low heat for 3-5 minutes, then set aside, cool, filter and take 50 ml at night. Course - until the decoction is complete. Soothing and restorative medicine.
- Infusion of onion peel.Before going to bed, boil in a thermos a spoonful of chopped onion peel 250 ml of boiling water, leave overnight; the next day take 80 ml three times a day half an hour before meals for 4 - 6 weeks. Improves blood circulation in the small pelvis, has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects.
Exercises to strengthen and maintain potency
Various exercise therapy complexes have been developed to restore and improve male sexual function. One of the most popular is the A. Kegel set of exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor and improve blood circulation in the small pelvis. Special attention is paid to strengthening the pubococcygeal muscle (PCM), which supports sexual function. In order to feel this muscle, the guy must block the stream of urine during urination. Muscle tension will allow the detection of LMB.
TOP 3 basic Kegel exercises
- In a standing position, squeeze the LMB, strain it, hold it in that position for 3 seconds, then relax. Do this 10 times.
- In the supine position, make 10 quick cuts-relaxations of the LMB in a row, and then, after a short pause, repeat everything. Do it 8 times.
- Repeat the exercise lying on your stomach.
- Repeat on all fours.
Prevention of impotence after 40 years
Tablets alone are not enough to prevent or increase potency. Man must:
- move more, play sports; many sports are available from the age of 40;
- get rid of extra pounds;
- forget about bad habits - smoking and drinking regularly;
- eat properly, giving preference to low-fat animal foods, vegetables, fruits, grains; oily sea fish is useful, it can be eaten twice a week; reduce the use of fatty, fried foods, sweets, muffins;
- don’t forget to rest, get some sleep - it’s a prerequisite for preventing impotence;
- get rid of frequent or prolonged stress;
- treat all diseases in a timely manner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there safe drugs to quickly restore potency to 40
Yes, there is. There are many such medications, a urologist-andrologist will help you choose the most suitable for you to increase potency.
How does alcohol affect potency at 40?
Only systematic alcohol consumption negatively affects potency.
What vitamins can be taken to improve potency after 40 years?
Special vitamins for maintaining potency, vitamin supplements, etc. are produced. They are taken both for the prevention and correction of disorders.
Potency in men after the age of 40 may be somewhat reduced, but this is normal because it is associated with the onset of age-related changes and should not bother a man. A doctor should be consulted if sexual dysfunction recurs. You should not panic: all this is treated perfectly today. It is also very important to lead a healthy lifestyle, move more and eat properly.